For each game, 30 points are to be distributed over the attack, midfield and defense. The more points are attributed to one of these aspects of your team, the stronger your team will be on that point.
The points the teams set will be converted into goal chances, in the following manner:
- The number of goal chances for team 1 is the attack of team 1 minus the defense of team 2
- The number of goal chances for team 2 is the attack of team 2 minus the defense of team 1
- If the midfield of one team is stronger than that of the other team, the goal chances of that team will be multiplied by a factor 2
- If the attack of a team is weaker than or equal to the defense of the other team, and the midfield of that team is stronger than the midfield of the other team, the midfield points will be compared instead. The number of goal chances are then the midfield of the one team minus the midfield of the other team, divided by two and rounded up.
The goal chances will be converted to goals through division by 2 and rounding down. To make the scores more realistic, bizarre high scores will be trimmed down in the following fashion:
- If a team has scored more than 5 goals both teams get one goals less (if the other team doesn't have any goals no goals are taken away for both teams)
- If a team has scored more than 6 goals both teams get two goals less (if the other team does not have two goals, then you take away as many goals away as the team with less than two goals has, from both teams)
- If a team has scored more than 7 goals both teams get two goals less (if the other team does not have two goals, then you take away as many goals away as the team with less than two goals has, from both teams)
8 goals = 3 less 9/10 goals = 4 less 11 goals = 5 less 12/13 goals = 6 less 14 goals = 7 less ... and so on and so forth.
Team 1 sets Defense=7 Midfield=8 Attack=15
Team 2 sets Defense=10 Midfield=15 Attack=5
The goal chances for team 1 are 15-10 (attack team 1 - defense team 2) = 5
Since the attack of team 2 (5) is weaker than the defense of team 1 (7), the midfield points are compared: 15-8 = 7; 7/2 = 3.5, rounded up makes 4
The number of goals for team 1 is 5/2 = 2.5, rounded down makes 2
The number of goals for team 2 is 4/2 = 2
The end result, therefore, is 2-2.
All data for all games must be submitted before the indicated date. The organizing institution will communicate at which time of the day the games will be evaluated.
In case of a league or a tournament with pools, the SoMa system determines the ranking within the league or pool in the following order:
1. Points gathered
2. Goal difference
3. Goals scored
If there is still a tie, the organizing institution will decide which other criteria are used and how to announce these to the team managers
For any questions regarding the SoMa system or the rules, contact the organizing institution. Technical questions regarding the SoMa system can be sent to Tsrill
The organizing institution has the final say in all matters.